Friday, June 11, 2010

MOLLE Chest Harness


My chest platform/radio harness is designed with a military MOLLE (MOdular Lightweight Load-carrying Equipment) system used by police and armed forces world wide. The platform is a grid work of webbing straps (PALS) onto which you can weave the attachment straps of compatible pouches and accessories.

The platform is use is simply a modified drop leg thigh rig I picked up on ebay for five bucks from a seller called "Tactical Gear Store." The listing title “USMC US Army Airsoft Molle Drop Leg Panel Platform” and cost $5.95 plus $5.00 shipping in 2010.

I cut off the drop leg connection, (the short vertical strap at the top as seen above, that normally connects the panel to the wearer's belt) and sewed on a strap to go around my neck instead. I used two 1” nylon quick connect buckles and a 16 inch piece of 1” webbing.
Then I removed the two horizontal thigh straps and substituted a single, long, adjustable belt which wraps around my torso.

The beauty of the Molle system, (pronounced molly) is that a wide range of components can be quickly added or removed as required, but remain very securely attached.

No comments:

Post a Comment